San Antonio Resort Activities
San Antonio perfectly embodies the spirit of the Lone Star State: a cosmopolitan city that seamlessly blends the diversity of cultures and traditions that came together to form it. Here, the sounds and flavors of Native America, Old Mexico, Germany, the Wild West and the Deep South merge as one. La Cantera Resort & Spa is representative of this rich history. The resort’s name also reflects its location in the scenic Texas Hill Country. Long described as the playground of Texas, the Hill Country provides the perfect location to enjoy the best that Texas has to offer.
Enjoy the majesty of our hill-top vista from the comfort of our resort's heated, infinity-style pools. Discover distinct experiences at each of the five pools throughout our resort:
- Kids Pool: features two water slides and a splash area.
- Adults-Only Pool: enjoy ten cabanas and a poolside bar.
- Vista Pool: take in views of the Hill Country and Vista Grille.
- Villa Pools: villa guests can enjoy their own private pool.
- Loma de Vida Pool: our most secluded pool experience.
Bars & Restaurants
Discover a premiere dining experience at any of La Cantera's nine bars and restaurants. Take your taste buds on vacation from poolside bars to dining destinations.
- Signature Restaurant: contemporary takes on classics.
- SweetFire Kitchen: twists on home-style cooking.
- Primero Cantina: hand-crafted cocktails and Tex Mex.
- Sire Bar: over 250 brown spirits and charcuterie.
- Quenche Juicery: cold-pressed juices and fresh foods.
- Henrietta's Market: sweets and barista-made coffee.
Enjoy the peacefulness of the Texas Hill Country without feeling disconnected. La Cantera operates a shuttle at times throughout the day to bring you to nearby attractions.
- Daily Complimentary Shuttle Service Provided - Visit our Concierge desk or front desk for more details
- The Shops at La Cantera (Drop off & Pick-up at Perry's Steakhouse and P.F.Chang's)
- The Rim (Drop off & Pick-up at Target and the Palladium)
- Six Flags (Drop off & Pick-up at Guest Entrance)
The Shuttle will run from 6:30AM - 11:00PM.
Any other locations within a 5 mile radius will incur a $20 fee per party, per way, at the discretion of the front desk and concierge. Payment will be processed through a room charge, and cash payment will be accepted as gratuity for the shuttle drivers.
*Transportation for golf and Signature are available by request.
Hit the green on our Championship 18-hole course. Designed by course architect Jay Morrish and PGA Tour professional Tom Wieskopf, The La Cantera Golf Club Course was a PGA Tour stop for 15 years.
Discover a secluded, poolside experience. 16 poolside cabana rentals are available across three of the resort's five pools. Rent a luxury cabana at the Adults-Only Pool, Vista Pool, or the Kids' Pool. Each cabana comfortably fits eight guests and offers a VIP poolside experience. Cabanas feature TV's, a safe, and full-stocked refrigerator. Adults-Only Cabanas also offer Bluetooth sound systems.
Tennis Court & Pickle Ball
Looking to break a sweat in the sunshine? Don't be afraid to hit the court, with your personal favorite racket or one of our rentals. Our tennis court is available to resort guests from 9:00am to 9:00pm daily. Hourly use is complimentary, and rental fees apply for half-day and full-day private access. Private sessions with a tennis pro are also available and should be reserved in advance (fees apply).
In addition to tennis, our court is mapped out for Pickle Ball. Gear can be aquired at the Pool Shop. Click here for Pickle Ball rules.
La Cantera's paths take you on a scenic tour along the La Cantera Parkway, whether you're training for a marathon or simply want to get your heart rate up. Choose from a three- or five-mile run through the resort and along the Parkway. Finish with a cold-pressed juice at Quenche Juicery.
Loma de Vida Spa
Situated on one of the highest points in San Antonio, Loma de Vida Spa invokes the spirit of the Hill Country. Indulge in traditional spa offerings (massages, facials), signature experiences, and results orientated services that integrate technology and nature to create a true sense of well-being.
Seek peace in your mind and body at La Cantera's fitness classes. Leave each class replenished, whether you participate in grounding yoga or a shoulder release class. Wellness classes are $20/person (on a first come basis). Call 210-558-2252 for more information or to schedule a session.