San Antonio perfectly embodies the spirit of the Lone Star State: a cosmopolitan city that seamlessly blends the diversity of cultures and traditions that came together to form it. Here, the sounds and flavors of Native America, Old Mexico, Germany, the Wild West and the Deep South merge as one. La Cantera Resort & Spa is representative of this rich history. The resort’s name also reflects its location in the scenic Texas Hill Country. Long described as the playground of Texas, the Hill Country provides the perfect location to enjoy the best that Texas has to offer.
Enjoy the majesty of our hill-top vista from the comfort of our Resort’s temperature controlled, infinity-style pools. Discover distinct experiences at each of the five pools throughout our Resort:
• Kids Pool: features two water slides and a splash area.
• Adults-Only Pool: enjoy ten cabanas and a poolside bar.
• Vista Pool: take in views of the Hill Country and Vista Grille.
• Villa Pools: villa guests can enjoy their own private pool.
• Loma de Vida Pool: our most secluded pool experience.
Discover a premiere dining experience at any of La Cantera’s nine bars and restaurants. Take your taste buds on vacation from poolside bars to dining destinations.
• Signature Restaurant: contemporary takes on classics.
• Grille 254: scratch kitchen sports bar, with 24 beers on tap.
• SweetFire Kitchen: twists on home-style cooking.
• Primero Cantina: hand-crafted cocktails and Tex Mex.
• Sire Bar: over 250 brown spirits and charcuterie.
• Quenche Juicery: cold-pressed juices and fresh foods.
• Henrietta’s Market: sweets and barista-made coffee.
Family cabanas are the perfect place to spend the afternoon. Indulge in a VIP experience by renting one of the four cabanas beside the Kids’ Pool. Enjoy a personal TV, refrigerator, and safe, plus fun cocktails and kid-friendly treats from neighboring Vista Grille.
Situated on one of the highest points in San Antonio, Loma de Vida Spa invokes the spirit of the Hill Country. Indulge in traditional spa offerings (massages, facials), signature experiences, and results orientated services that integrate technology and nature to create a true sense of well-being.
Seek peace in your mind and body at La Cantera’s fitness classes. Leave each class replenished, whether you participate in grounding yoga or a shoulder release class. Wellness classes are $20/person (on a first come basis). Call 210-558-2252 for more information or to schedule a session.
Running Trails: La Cantera’s paths take you on a scenic tour along the La Cantera Parkway, whether you’re training for a marathon or simply want to get your heart rate up. Choose from a three- or five-mile run through the Resort and along the Parkway. Finish with a cold-pressed juice at Quenche Juicery.
Nature Trail: The trail runs along the golf course and the west, or poolside, of the Resort. With its range of topography and climbing to flat surfaces, the nature course accommodates all skill levels: experienced trail runners or walkers and nature enthusiasts who prefer to stroll the course reading about the flora and fauna of the Texas Hill Country. Stay hydrated!